To deliver our business objectives and a high quality service in accordance with the customer service guidelines through the effective management of the Accounts team whilst acting as a role model for the strategy, philosophy and values of Islands in the workplace.
- Ensure that your team understand the strategy, philosophy and values of Islands, follow the customer service guidelines and that they achieve all business objectives whilst providing a high quality service for both internal and external customers.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop your team so that they know what is expected of them and are able to maximise their contribution to business objectives and realise their potential.
- Plan, implement and monitor the training and development of your team in line with individual learning and development plans meeting any agreed CPD requirements.
- Translate the business objectives of Islands into relevant targets for your team, stretching each individual’s potential.
- Manage and delegate accounts handling authority in accordance with the policy of Islands ensuring that all breaches are recorded and followed up accordingly.
- Act as a technical referral point in respect of accounting practice and provide expert guidance in line with the Islands business strategy, accounting policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues and customers to maximise business performance ensuring that such communication is delivered through use of the most appropriate method.
- Stimulate, develop and enhance business relationships to the benefit of Islands.
- Work with the other Team Managers, the Directors and the Head of Finance to optimise business results and the use of resources.
- Maintain and develop in-depth expertise of the accounting practices of Islands
- Review, evaluate and develop accounting processes and procedures where appropriate.
- Any other tasks as appropriate.
Qualifications and Other Attributes:
- CAT (or equivalent) as a minimum examination certificate
- Mathematics and English language GCSE grades A to C (or equivalent) as a minimum examination qualificationQualifications and Other Attributes
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years accounts experience
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of bookkeeping theory and practice
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of regulatory accounts reconciliation requirements
- Awareness of the current accounting practice in the insurance market
- Excellent communication skills
- Appreciation of the importance of providing high quality service for both internal and external customers and the need to instil this in the team
Interested candidates should apply with full CV and current remuneration details to email@example.com.