Islands Insurance is one of the leading insurance brokers in the Channel Islands, serving a wide range of individual and corporate clients. We have over 50,000 customers and more than 130 employees based in offices in Jersey, Guernsey and Alderney. We also hold binding authority with a number of insurers giving us significant underwriting autonomy locally.
There are exciting plans to grow and develop the business. To support this ambition we are seeking a forward thinking, engaging and positive Head of Underwriting, Product and Insurer Relations who will lead a small team of trading underwriters operating across Jersey and Guernsey, build and maintain products, underwriting guidance and systems and manage insurer relationships including binding authorities.
This key role reports to our Group Technical Director and is part of the Senior Leadership Team in the business. The jobholder will also be a director of our Jersey trading company. It is an excellent opportunity to join a great business that is going through a period of growth and rapid change.
To be considered, you must have experience of leading, coaching and developing an underwriting team. You should be able to demonstrate expertise and qualities in the following areas:
- Delivery of sustainable, profitable growth in line with agreed underwriting performance targets.
- A track record of leading, coaching, training and developing high performance underwriting teams
- Experience of personally underwriting Commercial and/or Personal Lines business.
- Experience of building and maintaining general insurance products and underwriting/pricing rules and guidance
- Analysing, interpreting, reporting and acting on performance and financial data to ensure delivery of financial targets
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Experience of securing and managing delegated authority from insurers would be an advantage.
- A relevant professional qualification (or substantial progress towards this) is desirable, e.g. ACII
Interested candidates should apply with a full CV and current remuneration details to Jeremy Diston, Group Technical Director at Jeremy.Diston@islands.je
Closing Date 31st August 2020