We have an exciting opportunity for an Insurance professional to join our Claims Team as a Trainee Technical Claims Handler.
The ideal candidate should have theory and practice experience however, candidates with knowledge in insurance and qualified to a Cert CII or above will be considered.
The role offers a great opportunity to develop within the Technical Claims Team, candidates must show a willingness to work towards and attain Diploma in Insurance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for management of their own case load including complex and large loss
- Be a technical resource within the claims teams working closely with the team to assist with
referrals in respect of claims, providing expert guidance in line with Claims Handling policies
- Provide payment authorisation support.
- Provide complaint handling support.
- Develop effective business relationships internally and externally.
- Attend various NFUM quarterly large loss case surgeries, assist with the organisation of
Islands case surgeries.
- Attend NFUM Senior Technicians Forums where required and feedback best practice
guidance to Tech Team.
- Assist with the development and updating of Islands Claims Manual.
- Assist with on-the-job training, coaching and delivering feedback to Claims Handlers.
- Assist Head of Claims Technical with quality audits, control reporting and development and
analysis of MI.
- Support the Claims Leadership Team in the achievement of the Islands business objectives.
- Make a positive contribution to the effectiveness of the Claims Team by suggesting ways in
which work systems and processed can be altered and improved.
- Other ad hoc duties as required
What you’ll need:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Insurance, claims theory preferred however
experience from other areas of insurance considered
- Understanding of claims negotiation.
- An understanding of our range of products and willingness to learn
- Show a willingness to work towards and attain Diploma in Insurance
- You should be keen to develop your career in a sales-focused company and hold, or be willing to study for relevant professional qualifications (Cert CII or higher)
Download Job Description PDF