International Driving Permit

International Driving Permit

Taking your car off island? Will you need an international driving permit?

If UK negotiations to leave the European Union result in a "no deal" or a hard Brexit, islanders may require an International Driving Permit when driving in the EU in addition to their Channel Islands licence.

It is important to note that nothing has been formally agreed at this point, but customers need to be aware of the potential implications. If you are planning on taking your car abroad at any point this year, our advice would be to check with your license provider (local parish hall) to make sure your license is valid for your trip.

 For more information about International Driving Permit and how to apply in Jersey click here and in Guernsey click here.

 We recommend that you also apply for a Green Card as evidence of your insurance cover, you can find out more details here