Property Insurance

Take cover from the storm with insurance you can trust

Get a Quote Existing Customers

Why you need property insurance for your business

If you own or lease a property in the Channel Islands, Islands can ensure you have the appropriate insurance for your needs. There are a number of risks that property owners can face, ranging from fire, flood, storm damage, customers and employee injuries, malicious damage, theft and loss of income following an insured loss. 

It can be a tricky process taking out insurance for your businesses, but at Islands our professional team are here to help you get the coverage you need. Whether it’s helping you to protect the property, communal contents, or outdoor landscaping you will need a comprehensive policy that covers your assets in the unfortunate event that something goes wrong. 

Determining the cost for commercial property insurance takes into consideration a lot of different factors that influence the risk of unfortunate events. These factors include your location and whether the area is prone to natural disasters like floods, the industry of your business, the construction of your building and whether it has upgraded electrical and plumbing, and particularly if your premises has all the relevant safety precautions like a security system or fire alarm.

Looking for personal home insurance?

Get a quote

More on personal home insurance

Peace of mind guaranteed

Owning property often presents a range of challenges and we aim to work with you to safeguard your interests, whatever type of property portfolio it is.

*applies to most policies, subject to terms and conditions


  • Buildings including driveways, gardens, and car parks
  • Contents of communal areas and landlord’s contents
  • Loss of rent or alternative accommodation for residential & commercial premises
  • Property owner’s products and employers liability insurance
  • Denial of access due to insured damage and costs of re-letting
  • Trace and access cover for water leaks

Expert Insurance for Your Needs

Experience the tailored care and expertise of Hepburns. We’re more than brokers; we’re your personal insurance confidants for life’s complexities.

Discover Personalised Protection

Optional benefits

Whilst our standard business property features offer a comprehensive level of coverage, there is always room to extend your cover for the more unique parts of your business. Which is why we offer optional benefits that ensure your insurance works hard for your business. 

Our optional benefits offer a greater level of protection for your business premises.


  • Lift inspection services and engineering insurance
  • Car park liability
  • Tenants liability
  • Decennial building guarantee insurance


Have a question about your property insurance policies?
We may have the answer already. See answers to our most frequently asked questions below.

Does my home insurance cover storm damage to gates and fences?

Unfortunately, our policy doesn’t cover damage to gates and fences caused by storm.

Am I covered for trace and access to a water leak?

We include cover for trace and access to water and oil leaks. This may be limited depending which policy you have. For more details please call us on 01534 835383 (JSY) or 01481 710731 (GSY) or 01481 824100 (ALD), 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday

Can I add Buildings/Contents onto my existing policy?

We can add buildings or contents cover to your policy at any time please call us on 01534 835383 (JSY) or 01481 710731 (GSY) or 01481 824100 (ALD), 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday or contact us online.

What do I do if there is an emergency when the office is closed ?

We have a 24 hour helpline you can call on 0345 604 7012. Remember to check your policy booklet and schedule to see if any of the damage is covered, as you may be able to recover the cost, less any policy excess.

What is Public Liability cover?

This covers you and your family if a claim is made against you for causing damage to property belonging to a third party or a third party’s death, injury or illness. The limit of this cover being £5,000,000. Exclusions apply please see your policy wording for the full details of cover included. There is no additional charge for the standard level of cover and it cannot be excluded

Request a callback

Due to recent events, we are currently experiencing a very high volume of calls in the claims department. For more information, please visit our Storm Support Hub.

Need help? Get in touch!

Our friendly team is ready to help with any questions or support you need. You can contact us at any of our local offices:

Alderney Office
Open: Monday - Friday 08:30-16:30 T: (01481) 824 100
Guernsey Office
Open: Monday - Friday 09:00-17:00 T: (01481) 710 731
Jersey Office
Open: Monday - Friday 09:00-17:00 T: (01534) 835 383

Our expert advisors are here during office hours to chat about what you need and find the best solutions for you. If it's outside these hours, just leave us a message. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Please select your location

To provide you with a tailored travel policy, please select your island below to be taken to the appropriate quote form.

Guernsey / Alderney