MotorHome Insurance

Start your engine with insurance that has you covered

Get a Quote Existing Customers

Insuring Your MotorHome

Our motorhome policies are designed to suit any type of motorhome or camper van that is used by private individuals specifically for recreational use. This would include for the use of long weekend breaks or holidays in Europe. Cover is not included if the motorhome is used as a primary means of transport, for any form of business, prolonged periods of living or permanent accommodation. For this reason, the insured must own another vehicle for everyday use and the motorhome must be stored at a CASSO approved storage site if not at the home address.

Maximum engine size under this policy is 3,000cc and the maximum value comprehensive is £60,000. The insured must have held a full licence for a minimum of 3 years and the minimum age requirement for this policy is 30, however additional drivers between 25-29 will be considered upon referral.

Theft rates on motorhomes have increased across the market and therefore our policies require that all vehicles valued in excess of £20,000 must be kept on the insured’s own private property, and all vehicles valued £40,000 and over must be fitted with a 24-hour monitored tracking system.

If you’ve got a project van that you’re converting into a motorhome then these can be covered under this policy as well, provided they have been approved by the DVLA and the registration documents have been altered accordingly to show ‘motorhome.’ If you’re in the process of a conversion then the van should be referred to underwriters before cover is issued. Our friendly specialist motor vehicle team are on hand to help you with any questions you may have.

Benefits included as standard

Our MotorHome insurance is extensive and can be tailored to suit your specific needs and requirements.

Features Available:

  • Left-hand drive vehicles accepted
  • No claims bonus earned on a motorhome
  • Third party fire & theft – £5,000
  • Discounts available for Owner’s Club members
  • European cover for up to 180 days
  • Camping and equipment cover included
  • Self-converted motorhomes accepted

Looking for fleet insurance on both classic and modern vehicles?

Get a quote

More on our Multi-vehicle policy

Why choose Islands?

Our locally-based team is dedicated to providing specialist, personal service, to give you peace of mind with insurance cover for the things that matter.

Established and Experienced

An experienced market-leading team, delivering specialist advice and expertise for over 40 years.

Communication that works for you

Pop into our office, speak to us on the phone, send an email, or browse through our website.

Flexible policies, offering quality protection

We have bespoke Channel Island products designed and rated with this in mind that can be individually tailored for your needs.

Investing in our Community

We are proud to support the local community through several sponsorships and partnerships. Helping to protect our rich heritage and take care of our beautiful islands.

Local Claims Team

Friendly, experienced local claims team giving guidance and help when it matters most.

Multi-policy discount

Available if you have more than one policy with us.

Expert Insurance for Your Needs

Experience the tailored care and expertise of Hepburns. We’re more than brokers; we’re your personal insurance confidants for life’s complexities.

Discover Personalised Protection


Have a question about our specialist motor insurance policies?
We may have the answer already. See answers to our most frequently asked questions below.

Do I have “Driving Other Cars” extensions?

No, specialist vehicle policies provide this extension as normally it would be covered under your standard comprehensive private car policy.

Can I claim for my windscreen on a Specialist Vehicle policy?

If you have Comprehensive cover, you have windscreen cover, subject to you paying the excess noted on your schedule of insurance.

Can I take my Specialist Vehicle on Holiday?

Yes, most specialist vehicle policies automatically provide free 90 days cover within the EU. Please contact us for further details.

Can I get an agreed value for my vehicle?

Yes, most specialist vehicle policies provide this, subject to photos of the vehicle and/or a valuation. Please contact us for further details.

Request a callback

Due to recent events, we are currently experiencing a very high volume of calls in the claims department. For more information, please visit our Storm Support Hub.

Need help? Get in touch!

Our friendly team is ready to help with any questions or support you need. You can contact us at any of our local offices:

Alderney Office
Open: Monday - Friday 08:30-16:30 T: (01481) 824 100
Guernsey Office
Open: Monday - Friday 09:00-17:00 T: (01481) 710 731
Jersey Office
Open: Monday - Friday 09:00-17:00 T: (01534) 835 383

Our expert advisors are here during office hours to chat about what you need and find the best solutions for you. If it's outside these hours, just leave us a message. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Please select your location

To provide you with a tailored travel policy, please select your island below to be taken to the appropriate quote form.

Guernsey / Alderney