Café, Public House & Restaurant

Build your business with insurance that works hard for you

Get a Quote Existing Customers

Why buy insurance for my café, pub or restaurant?

Due to the nature of the hospitality and food industry we appreciate that sometimes things go wrong. You have enough on your plate without having to worry about Insurance. Not having the appropriate insurance can put your business at risk, so why not give yourself peace of mind that your business and long term income are protected.

Our policies specific for cafés, pubs & restaurants can offer a great level of protection covering your business, with benefits that cover legal expenses for relevant health and safety prosecutions, as well as employment or contract disputes. At Islands, our professional team is here to help give you the protection you need, so give us a call today and allow us to assist in tailoring a policy that supports your business’ unique needs. 

Covers & benefits provided

Our policy for cafés, pubs and restaurants is extensive and designed with Channel Islanders in mind.

Buildings & Tenants Improvements

Whether you own or rent the building you need to consider insurance not just for the bricks and mortar of the property but also any internal improvements you have made, such as installing a new kitchen or bathrooms. Any external outbuilding, kiosks, walls or car parks also need to be taken into consideration when insuring the premises for their full rebuilding costs (including professional fees and the cost of site clearance).

Business Interruption

If you cannot open following severe damage from an insured event - such as fire, flood or storm damage - then this is a massive risk to the business. Ensure you have adequate business interruption cover that will be able to pay outgoings such as rent, wages & overheads as well as keeping the business running until you can reopen. Cover can also be extended if your main supplier has damage to their premises, failure of public utilities and prevented access to your business premises that affects your business.

Public / Products Liability

Coverage in respect of third party injury and property damage on or away from your premises. Whether this is in respect of the premises themselves or a customer that becomes ill from eating your food or a drink that you sold. This is included as standard (at variable limits ranging from £2,000,000 to £10,000,000) within all our policies.

Employers Liability

If you employ staff, then not only is this a legal requirement but you have the responsibility to ensure your staff are adequately covered for their daily roles within the business. This can include injury, illness, or legal action against your business. All our policies provide £10,000,000 of Employers Liability cover as standard.

Engineering Insurance & Inspection Cover

If you have a coffee machine or a hot water boiler that is pressurised by steam, it needs to be inspected annually to comply with Health & Safety obligations. Cover can also be extended to include machinery breakdown.

Contents & Business Machinery

Insure your specialist kitchen equipment - stoves, cookers, fridges/freezers, electronic business equipment, sound systems, laptops and mobiles inside and away from the premises.


Cover needs to take into account not just your general stock but also seasonal increases, wine, spirits and frozen foods.

Standard Coverage

Your policy will generally cover you for a number of insured events, such as:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Explosion
  • Earthquake
  • Flood
  • Storm
  • Malicious Damage
  • Theft
  • Accidental Damage

Expert Insurance for Your Needs

Experience the tailored care and expertise of Hepburns. We’re more than brokers; we’re your personal insurance confidants for life’s complexities.

Discover Personalised Protection

Why choose Islands?

Our locally-based team is dedicated to providing specialist, personal service, to give you peace of mind with insurance cover for the things that matter.

Established and Experienced

An experienced market-leading team, delivering specialist advice and expertise for over 40 years.

Communication that works for you

Pop into our office, speak to us on the phone, send an email, or browse through our website.

Flexible policies, offering quality protection

We have bespoke Channel Island products designed and rated with this in mind that can be individually tailored for your needs.

Investing in our community

We are proud to support the local community through several sponsorships and partnerships, helping to protect our rich heritage and take care of our beautiful islands.

In-House Claims Team

Friendly, experienced local claims team giving guidance and help when it matters most.

Multi-policy discount

Available if you have more than one policy with us.

Request a callback

Due to recent events, we are currently experiencing a very high volume of calls in the claims department. For more information, please visit our Storm Support Hub.

Need help? Get in touch!

Our friendly team is ready to help with any questions or support you need. You can contact us at any of our local offices:

Alderney Office
Open: Monday - Friday 08:30-16:30 T: (01481) 824 100
Guernsey Office
Open: Monday - Friday 09:00-17:00 T: (01481) 710 731
Jersey Office
Open: Monday - Friday 09:00-17:00 T: (01534) 835 383

Our expert advisors are here during office hours to chat about what you need and find the best solutions for you. If it's outside these hours, just leave us a message. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.

Please select your location

To provide you with a tailored travel policy, please select your island below to be taken to the appropriate quote form.

Guernsey / Alderney