Commercial Property Owners

Protect your assets with insurance you can trust

Get a quote

Why you need insurance as a commercial property owner

We appreciate owning commercial properties represents a significant investment which is why Islands want to leave you safe in the comfort of knowing your investment is adequately covered. 

If you own a commercial property across the Channel Islands or UK, Islands can ensure you have the appropriate insurance for your needs. There are a number of risks that property owners are faced with including fire damage, tenant injuries, burst pipes, theft and rental loss. 

Our professional team here at Islands would be delighted to assist you in placing a policy that suits your own personal needs.  

Covers & benefits provided

Our commercial property owners policy is comprehensive and designed with Channel Islanders in mind.


Whether you own or rent the buildings you need to consider insurance not just for the bricks and mortar of the property but also any external outbuilding, driveways, walls etc. These need to be taken into consideration when insuring the premises for their full rebuilding costs (including professional fees and the cost of site clearance).

Employers Liability

If you employ a caretaker or handyman, then not only is this a legal requirement, but you have the responsibility to ensure your staff are adequately covered for their daily roles. All our policies provide £10,000,000 worth of Employers Liability as standard.

Loss of Rent / Alternative Accommodation

Protect your income and re-home your tenant(s) should your property become uninhabitable following an insured event, such as fire, flood or storm damage.

Property Owners Liability

Cover for third party injury & property damage included as standard for up to £5,000,000 with a further available option to increase to £10,000,000.

Engineering Insurance & Inspection

If the property has a lift, it needs to be inspected annually to comply with Health & Safety obligations. Cover can also be extended to include machinery breakdown cover.

Contents (Landlords & Communal)

Coverage that protects you whether you occupy or lease the premises furnished or unfurnished, or just require contents cover in the communal areas.

Trace & Access

Coverage to trace the source of leaks automatically provided.

Occupation & trades

If you own or operate one of the following then a commercial property owner policy is just what you need.

  • Office blocks
  • Apartment blocks
  • Shops / Showrooms
  • Restaurants / Cafés
  • Hotels / Guest Houses
  • Industrial Units / Warehouses
  • Public Houses / Leisure Facilities
  • Residential Care Homes

Standard Coverage

Your policy will generally cover you for a number of insured events, such as:

  • Fire
  • Lightning
  • Explosion
  • Earthquake
  • Flood
  • Storm
  • Malicious Damage
  • Theft
  • Accidental Damage

Existing Customers

Renewing your policy

We will contact you prior to your renewal date with all the details of your policy cover for the coming year.

Payment options

Payment can be made by monthly direct debit or an upfront annual payment.

Making changes to your policy

Click here to make a change or request.


You can cancel your policy at any time by contacting us.

Why choose Islands?

Our locally-based team is dedicated to providing specialist, personal service, to give you peace of mind with insurance cover for the things that matter.

Established and Experienced

An experienced market-leading team, delivering specialist advice and expertise for over 40 years.

Communication that works for you

Pop into our office, speak to us on the phone, send an email, or browse through our website.

Flexible policies, offering quality protection

We have bespoke Channel Island products designed and rated with this in mind that can be individually tailored for your needs.

Investing in our community

We are proud to support the local community through several sponsorships and partnerships, helping to protect our rich heritage and take care of our beautiful islands.

In-House Claims Team

Friendly, experienced in house claims team giving guidance and help when it matters most.

Multi-policy discount

Available if you have more than one policy with us.

Request a callback

warning Due to recent events, we are currently experiencing a very high volume of calls in the claims department. For more information, please visit our Storm Support Hub.
Please select your location

To provide you with a tailored travel policy, please select your island below to be taken to the appropriate quote form.

Guernsey / Alderney